Saturday 18 May 2013

Rack of Lamb



This is the best Rack of Lamb dish I have come across. Lamb is my husband favourite meat and I made this one day, since then we have not been able to find another recipe to match this one. Michael's all time favourite dish and i think this is what made him fall in love with me. My mother said to me one day just before I started dating him, that a way to a mans heart is through his stomach . Well I think this dish was it. When ever we have people for the first time to dinner this is what I make and its a great pleasure to see them eat and leave with a feeling of satisfaction and comments like, this is better than restaurant food and I would pay for this dish makes me feel like I have accomplished great food.

1 rack of lamb divide this in to for a 2 person meal.

Double this if you have 2 racks
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup ground hazelnuts
2 tablespoon fine breadcrumbs
1 to 2 tablespoons of dried tarragon leaves
1 to 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.

  • Preheat oven to 200c (400F)
  • Trim all the fat. Trim the meat from top and in between each rib bone. Crack the bones at the joints.
  • Spread the mustard over the meat
  • Mix the hazelnuts, breadcrumbs,tarragon leaves and cheese together. Sprinkle over the mustard, covering completely.
  • Sprinkle with melted butter and Roast in oven for 30 minutes.
  • Serve with your choice of Bearnaise Sauce or mint jelly preserves.
I found that this recipe was better with Bearnaise Sauce . So I have put a recipe on for you to try. You can buy a already pre made Bearnaise's sauce however I found that this wasn't as good as home made.

Bearnaise Sauce

3 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon dried tarragon leaves
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup butter (125mls)
3 egg yolks

  • Combine wine, tarragon and lemon juice in a small saucepan
  • Over high heat. reduce the 2 tablespoons
  • In another small saucepan, melt butter and heat almost to boiling
  • In a blender or food processor, process egg yolks until blended
  • With machine running, add butter in a slow, thin stream.
  • With machine off, add reduced wine mixture.
  • Process just until blended.






No comments:

Post a Comment