I was completely and totally impressed with this recipe . This is
is yet another great recipe from Kim Evan out of her new cook book Little and Friday. I found this recipe on the latest Taste Magazine . This was great and full of flavor. Just a little tricky but not too bad. I didn't use the Prosciutto as way to expensive , so I use streaky bacon which we pe-cook under the grill prior to making the dish up. So give this a go and see how easy this was and I am sure you will impress your guest with this dish.
I serve this cold and made sure it was completely cold before cutting up. I took the leftover to work and just re heat this for a minute and I liked it hot more than cold but still very nice for a summer night meal served with a side salad and potatoes of your choice.
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 glove garlic, crushed
250g pork mince
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 cup breadcrumbs
6 slices of prosciutto
2 double chicken breast , skinless
100 slices bacon
handful of basil leaves
4 hard boil eggs.
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook onion and garlic until translucent.
- In a bowl, mix pork mince, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg and cooked onion mixture until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay 2 sheets of aluminium foil on top of each other on the bench. Lay slices of prosciutto crosswise down the centre of the foil, slightly overlapping the slices.
- Place chicken breast in a plastic bag and flatten, using a rolling pin or mallet. Lay flattened breasts over the prosciutto.
- Spread mince mixture over chicken breasts, then top with bacon, slightly overlapping the slices. Top with torn basil leaves, then line up hard-boiled eggs down the middle.
- With the long side facing you. Roll up the roulade in the foil, forming a tight roll. Twist the ends of the foil to sea. Place on a baking tray and cook in the centre of oven for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before unwrapping.
This can be stored in your fridge for up to 2 days. However if your place is like mine you might be lucky to get leftover to take to work the next day for your lunch .
This serve 5 adults and one child with leftovers . Great costs for at least two meals