This Carrot Cake is thoroughly addictive. Moist, fresh and just Delicious. I have made this cake on several occasion and have even done them in a cup cake. You can add crystallized ginger , dates, chocolate .
½ cup walnuts
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
1 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups grated carrots
100g good quality chocolate
½ cup of chopped date ( optional)
Pot of cream cheese 250g
Icing sugar to sweeten. ¼ cup
zest of one lemon
Sunflower seeds sprinkled.
- preheat oven to 160c. Greased a 23cm cake tin and line the
bottom and sides with baking paper out to fixt exactly.
- Place walnuts on a baking tray and roast for 5 minutes. Set
- Sift flour, baking powder and spices into a large mixing
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until combined. Add oil and
sugar and beat to combine.
- Add grated carrot, roasted walnuts, chocolate and date , and
combine. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 50-60
minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly and a
skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Let the cake cool completely in the tin before turning out
and peeling off the baking paper.
- Ice the top with cream cheese icing and garnish with the
zest of lemon and sunflower seeds.