Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lucy made these cookies from the book I got from Mum. Little and Friday by Kim Evan. I let Lucy do some baking the other weekend from this book as I have found that every thing in this book turns out beautifully and taste so divine .
Her comments on the page was Sometimes she uses a combination of milk, white and dark chocolate to make these scrumptious cookies. The chunkier the chocolate ,the better
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ¼ cups tightly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence or paste
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
250g good quality chocolate, roughly chopped
- preheat oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Scrape down sides to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add vanilla and egg to butter mixture and beat again.
- Sift flour, baking powder and slat over butter mixture and using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined Fold through chopped chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon, roll spoonfuls of cookie mixture into balls and place 3cm apart, on lined baking trays, flattening slightly with a fork. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
What we did before the point 5. Lucy and I decided to roll the whole dough into a sausage like log return to fridge for about half and hour. We sliced these evenly and placed on tray. Then baked the for around 20 minutes as instructed.
This recipe also can be changed with a few different types of chocolate., Add White chocolate or half and half and add some of your favorite nuts,raisins.