Saturday 20 April 2013

Glazed Country Meatloaf

I remember a meatloaf that my mum made  and it was the best meatloaf I ever tasted. It had a self glazing sauce and it was both a savoury and sweet taste . Now you are talking years ago when I was a kid and yes it must have been very good . The funny thing my mum could never remember which book it came out of and we never had it again  . So now that I have  found a great recipe out of a book on pages 250  thanks to Annabel Langbein  . Now because of computers, Android Phones, Laptop . There is no reason now to lose a recipe.


300 g Mince Lamb, Beef or Pork ( I used Pork)
300g Sausage meat
1 Finely chopped onion
2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs or 2 Tablespoon of fresh herbs
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce or paste
1 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg
1 Large carrot grated
1 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper


Self sauce:

2 tablespoons mild mustard
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
2 tablespoons Soya Sauce
1 tablespoon of Honey





1 . In a large bowl mix together all ingredients. ( I use the bread mixing tool on my mixer to combine all the ingredients it makes the job a little easier).
2. Once combined fill your meat loaf tin.  ( This mixture can make two small meat loaves if you buy the throw away, loaf tins from the supermarket ). Pat     the mixture down.
3. Mix together the self sauce ingredients and pour over the meat mixture.
4. Cover the tin with foil or the lid that was provide with the throw away loaf tins and cook for 50 minutes. Remove the lids and cook for further 10 minutes..
Good old fashion meatloaf is a well loved favourite that is so easy to make and my kids love this on the night and then in there sandwich for the next days lunch.
Oh and my father and brother who loved this too as I pre made this for our camping holiday a couple of years ago for our lunches and it didn't last long with them sneaking a piece here and there. 

5 comments:

  1. I remember that meatloaf. I think I did it in the mocrowave and must look through those books that I have. Maybe I threw that book out, so will sit and look through them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems to be a good one to make, does it matter what mince you use, or did you use minced pork.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me this is really yummy

    ReplyDelete