Monday 22 April 2013

Pumpkin Kumara and Potato Frittata



It's not very often I am stumped at what to make for a dinner . But there has been a time I was a bit worried. I found that my sister in-law and brother in-law were coming to stay and they had changed their diet to no meat. In the past it was never a problem and it was nice to have a meal without meat.
Everyone  dug in and emptied the dish accept for  my son, he ended up making his normal staple dinner, bacon and eggs with of course a side plate of chips.
I posted this photo onto Facebook and a comment was added to say feed your son meat he needs it.  


Pumpkin , Kumara and Potato  Frittata

Cooked pumpkin, Kumara and Potatoes, Diced and all the same size.
1 onion diced
1/2 block of Feta Cheese (I use Cows Milk)
8 - 10 Mushrooms sliced.
2 Garlic gloves sliced
Handful of spinach leaves
Grated Cheese to lightly cover top.

Place all above ingredients in a oven proof dish. Add the creams, eggs and salt and pepper to this dish. Making sure that the cream mixture almost covers all the veggies.

6-8 eggs
300mls of Cream
Plenty of salt and pepper to at taste
Finely grated Parmesan cheese.

Beat the eggs until all mixed in and then mix this to the cream. Then pour over the top of the veggies.
Grate parmesan cheese at the last mintues.


Bake in oven for 45 to 50 Minutes  at 180c. Let it stand for the egg mixture to cool a little so it is easier to cut. I found  with this I needed to grate some more parmesan cheese just after if Serve this.

1 comment:

  1. Looks Good Tanya and would like to try making it but Dad would have to have MEAT with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete