Saturday 20 April 2013

Waste not Want not.

MUM ALWAYS SAY

This is what I did with the left over pastry from my jam jams biscuits.
I sprinkled them with sugar and cinnamon and baked these at the same temperature 180c for 7 to 8 minutes until lightly golden brown .
Just the right amount of  a quick sweet treat with your coffee or tea.
My mother in law always ask if we have anything sweet to go along with her tea and as I never seem to have any thing left after a day of baking .  I have now found how to keep my biscuit jar full.
My daughter was not happy with me  at the end of this day when I used all the left over pastry . Why is it that kids love the raw pastry, puff or short sweet.  My mum always told me that if I ate raw dough it would give me worms . I must admit I have said this to my kids . Not sure if its true but I believed her .

No comments:

Post a Comment